We’re launching an intensive educational campaign for Eye of the Pangolin, to take the film to rural schools in high poaching areas across the continent where poaching may be a livelihood for communities or traditional cultural practice. With your help, we can broaden the reach of our campaign to even more schools in Africa.
We are developing an 8-minute version of our film, with the aim of screening to primary schools across southern Africa. These school engagements include:
- A screening of the film facilitated by our education staff
- An interactive discussion with the learners where they are encouraged to take a pledge for protecting pangolins
- Awarding of a special pangolin protector badge and a pledge form for each child
- A commitment from each child to tell ten people about pangolins
- Follow up with the school after a month to assess learners’ understanding and attitude changes
We every R5,000 we raise we can show the film to 100 children at a school. Our reach is expanded to a wider audience of 1,000 through the action of each child each telling ten new people about pangolins.